An STEM Consultant, International Business And Scholarships Consulting: 2.3 The advantages of Pertinent Negative

Thursday, November 26, 2020

2.3 The advantages of Pertinent Negative

 

Pertinent negative is the ability to pay strong attention to what we don’t see (Burkus, 2016). It has many important advantages in human relationships. By having strong ability to see what we don’t see, interacting people can have better communication, have a better understanding of everyone’s character, have strong skills of reaching agreement, and so on. This ability can be applied (Madrid, 2020)  in daily personal, family, public, regional, national, international and religion relationship in all kinds of aspects such as ideology, politics, economy and business, social and culture, defense and security.             

To improve human relations, using a broader view of things by practicing the ability to explore all that is missing can stimulate more intense communication by questioning and answering everything in private, community or even research group discussions. Frequent asking questions and answering also influences the understanding the character of communicating people. Some people are aggressive in a discussion, some are down or the other might be progressive. While together doing such a big effort to complete the integrated view of the researched problems, people like to reach goal of total and definite agreement between each other. These things are really good at daily professional team works.       

If I were a manager of a team doing a really important project, I would use the concept of pertinent negative concept to understand the employee behaviors.  I would like to place my position as if I am in their position. As an employee, I will be more than happy if my manager accommodates, listens, values and honors, loves and gives copy rights to my ideas and innovation. Then, every working day, I always ask what ideas/innovation showing up that day. Daily rewards from me as a manager also improve the ability of people in the team to find something missing to solve the researched problems with very high integrity. If the discussion goes wild and uncontrolled, I should clear and warm the situation by finding appropriate ice breakings.    

My current situation with respect to improve my attitude, perception and behaviors using the established concept is how I see which goals, dreams or plans I still don’t reach, everything I don’t have at the moment, starting from the smallest to the biggest thing in my life, The smallest thing I don’t see is that I still don’t start sustainable businesses so that I have less resources to pay for health insurance, educational payment in the MBA degree, and to have a wife and happy family. The middle thing I still don’t see is my PhD visa in the geophysics program of CPG – KFUPM.  The big things I want to achieve in the future is that I want to bring my mother to perform hajj in mecca, rebuild the broken store of my mother to be my future business pursuing my father’s passion and business in online and offline media, infrastructure, and my own passion on education and sustainable energy business and consulting. My attitude and perception toward the small unseen thing should be prioritizing so that I should behave entrepreneurially productive no matter how big the resulted income is. Furthermore, doing a big business with already and being built networks can be tried to achieve all bigger missing things.         

References

Burkus, D. (2016, September 14). How To Notice What You Can't See. Retrieved from https://www.inc.com/david-burkus/how-to-notice-what-you-cant-see.html

Madrid, A. (2020). The benefits of Pertinent Negative. Retrieved from https://projectsolutions.tips/blog/f/the-benefits-of-pertinent-negative

   

No comments:

Post a Comment